"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Tid bits

Sophia has decided that it is worth taking an actual "sleeping" rest on Sunday afternoons because than she gets to stay up late. Jamie and I think this is wonderful! For the past two weeks we've both been able to take a great Sunday afternoon nap, together, since both children are actually asleep. Ahhhh, sweet bliss. So, we have had an unusually free and restful Sunday. After naps we ate dinner and have since been playing games with the kids. I let Sophia take a "special" bubble bath with some of my bubble bath and even a candle lit like when Mommy takes a bath! :) She was the self-declared Mermaid Queen of Bubble Kingdom. I went in to wash her hair and she asked me if I'd like to play ice-cream shop with her. I agreed and told her I'd be the customer. The following interchange took place.

Me: I'd like 3 scoops of razzle-dazzle blueberry ice-cream.

Sophia: Well... actually it's more of a punch shop than an ice-cream shop. Actually, it's all punch, we're out of ice-cream.

Me: Okay... :) Could I have some razzle-dazzle blueberry punch?

Sophia: It's up to the turtles.

- Thankfully the turtles complied with my request, and may I say, the punch was delicious! :)

***

Sophia has been loving playing games lately, and she's matured SO much in her game playing attention span, ability to follow rules, and her ability to both win and lose graciously, and it has been SO fun. We've been playing card games, tic-tac-toe (and she's getting good!), and a whole slew of games off our shelves. I love this age.

***

We recently started playing "Ring around the rosie" with Riley, and he loves it!!! He grabs our hands and runs around in a circle as we sing and especially loves the "all fall down" part. He continues to love "playing" the guitar, and even had a baby doll in his arms the other day strumming away at her toes. :)

***

Well, our last attempt to get which hospital we'll be delivering at settled didn't quite work out. So, we were at square one again last week and after my midwife appointment have once again chosen a hospital and we are certain (ha! we'll see!) this will be the place. Well, if it's not one thing, it's another. I called tonight to see if we could go for a tour. "Sure," they said! "Oh, wait, you're not bringing children are you?" "Well, yes, we are." "Oh, what with the Swine Flu no kids under 18 are allowed." "Oh... okay. I guess we'll have to come for a tour later this week..."

So, I didn't think to ask at the moment, but I'm guessing this is not just a "tour" policy and I'm guessing the kids won't be able to come to the hospital once Baby Rose is born. :( This makes me very sad, but if it is indeed the case, we'll just have to go with the flow and make the best of it. I'm feeling very thankful that we can at least email lots of pictures and videos for Soph and Riley to see while they wait for us to leave the hospital.

***

Lastly, I'd like to share with you that some bloggers are on a Compassion International blogging trip right now in Kenya. I've blogged about past trips like this. These trips are designed to raise awareness of the work of Compassion International as the bloggers blog about their experiences during and after the trip. It's always great to see a lot of readers come on board with this organization and sponsor children!!! Well, one blogger's blog I read every day, My Charming Kids, by MckMama (Stellan's mom), is on this Kenya trip right now with her husband. Her posts have been really great, and if you are at all interested in the work of Compassion or the children and needs in Kenya, I encourage you to stop by her blog and read about her time in Kenya. Her pictures of the people there are gorgeous and her words are really inspiring. If you've never sponsored a child through Compassion, or some other organization like it, I encourage you to pray about doing so! We've loved getting to know "our" boy, Kannan, who lives in India.

Compassion Bloggers: Kenya 2010


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!
love,
mom

Jenny said...

Sounds like some fun Sundays have been coming your way!