
Double lemon cake with lemon curd filling and lemon cream cheese frosting - oh, and decorated with fireworks! :)
This creation was partly inspired by the recipient's tastes (she likes lemon) and by Sophia - who wanted to decorate it with fireworks. I, of course, had to figure out how to put fireworks on a cake, and this is what we came up with... We simply put a drop of food coloring on the top in the desired spot then used a wooden skewer to drag it through the frosting to bring some color along with creating the look of a firework.
The cake ended up tasting really great! It was my first attempt at this type of cake. I usually don't favor lemon flavored desserts - but, I think the cream cheese frosting really pulled it together and made the cake. Seriously, I could eat my way out of a swimming pool filled with that stuff - so good!
Wednesday was Shirmy's birthday, thus the festive cake. Oh, what? You thought we were having some sort of early 4th of July party?? No, no. When you let a five-year-old run free with design inspirations, you never know what ideas she'll come up with, that's all!
Shirmy has been living with us since December of 2007. She is an MBA student at our local university and will be graduating next weekend! Anyways, Happy Birthday Shirmy!

3 comments:
Yummy! I want a cake like that for my next birthday!!
love,
mom
So cute!!!! Happy Birthday to Shirmy!
Happy Birthday Shirmy!! :) Amy
Post a Comment