Finally, I tell of Kids' Day!!! If you are interested in what the heck Kids' Day is and how it got started, read the posts following the links below.
The rest of the story of the 1st Annual Abrusci Kids' Day:
The story of the 2nd Annual Abrusci Kids' Day:
And, without further ado, here is the story of the 3rd Annual Abrusci Kids' Day!
Breakfast
Kids' Day always starts with a special breakfast. This year it was donuts for all but Riley (the whole milk thing), and cinnamon toast for Riley. The kiddos also received a small gift. Hulla-hoop for Soph, a new truck for Riley.
The Splash Pad
After getting ready for our Big Day of Fun, we headed to our local Splash Pad for some water fun and a picnic lunch. The first three pictures tell a hilarious tale! There was this little girl that kept following Riley around, chasing him, and trying to get him to do as she wanted! It was so funny to watch them interact and snap pictures of them! The kids had a great time playing in the water and Haddie seemed to enjoy chilling out and napping in her stroller. :)
Amish Country
After the Splash Pad we drove an hour into the country to visit an old, non-working Amish Farm. We had so much fun letting our kids experience fun, hands' on activities.
The Buggy Ride
For a price (HA! isn't everything?) one could take an authentic Buggy Ride around the Farm property, driven by a real Amish man! A very sweet Amish man, might I add! Riley and Sophia loved petting the horse and really enjoyed the ride! I was nervous, as I was simply holding Haddie on my lap. The ride was super bumpy and all I could think about was what would happen if the buggy were to tip over. :) Just call me Nervous Nellie.
I didn't take any pictures, but we also toured the old Amish farmhouse that was on the property. It had gas-powered lights, lovely quilt-covered beds, and notes all over the house explaining the traditions behind the differences compared to a modern "English" house. There was even an Amish woman making fudge in the kitchen. Funny thing was... there was a fan plugged into the wall, keeping the kitchen area cool... hmmm....
The Petting Area
The Farm had a variety of animals that you could feed and some that you could pet! We saw a litter of kittens, fed some hens, and then we headed to the petting area to feed some pesky goats! You were actually allowed to go into the pen, but I opted not to do this because I didn't trust the goats!






Onsite there was this adorable pet store with puppies galore! You could pick up any out of the pens and hold them to your heart's content! This was a favorite for all of us!
I think I've found our 4th baby! :)
Dinner and Souvenirs
Again... no pictures, but after the pet store, we headed into town to look for some dinner. We're not huge fans of what ya might call, Amish Homecookin', so we were on the lookout for something else. We found that wonderful something else at a coffee shop that also sold some delicious sandwiches and smoothies! After dinner we wanted to shop a bit so the kids could each pick out a souvenir. Little did we know Amish Country closes down at 5p. So... the only store we could find open at that point was this totally NOT authentic place, filled with bins of junk. Well, it was all we had to work with, so Jamie and I acted like it was a great place to find treasure. It was sort of like a dollar store, only way worse! The merchandise was literally just in bins, row after row, shelf after shelf. It was cheap though, so the kids each picked some junk treasure, and we called it a day!
It was such a fun way to celebrate our Anniversary, and we just adored doting on our children. It's so fun to spoil them!




3 comments:
HA! HA! Sounds like you guys had a really fun day! I'm curious, though. I thought Kids Day was NOT on your anniversary???? Maybe I just forgot...
Your kids are always going to remember these special days! They will do it with their kids!!!!
love,
mom
I've learned from Hannah that treasures are treasures, so that's a plus for your shopping trip. Better yet is that the kids rarely notice when the "treasures" come up missing during a cleaning expedition - or they're willing to donate them. Hope it goes as well for you! :)
Post a Comment