10 Days of Rest
9 beds slept in
8 (about) hours of travel
7 - average wake-up time each day
6 special people visited
5 days of antibiotics for mommy and the kids (10 days for daddy)
4 Abruscis having fun as a WHOLE family
3 beagles played with
2 special friends met with at Paneras
1 whole night just for Mommy and Daddy!
We returned last night from our 10 day trip. We intended to meet with a lot of friends to share our Navigators ministry and do some fund-raising, but due to all four of us coming down with pretty significant sinus infections right at the start of our trip we were only able to meet with two of our friends. We were able to spend 3 nights with Jamie's parents, 3 nights with my parents and 3 nights with my sister and brother-in-law. Of course Jamie and I got to spend one wonderful kid-free night together too!
Overall, though we had to drive from place to place and unpack and repack and do laundry at each destination, we had such a fabulous time. We love spending time with our families and feel very relaxed and rejuvenated. We have not had a vacation or time off, save for a weekend here or there, for well over a year. It was a much needed break and we are thankful for it!
Back to real life... I was proud of myself for getting all of our suitcases unpacked and put away today! I even got some laundry done, did dishes, showered (ha!), made supper, took Soph to ballet and now I'm punching my time clock! :) Jamie is home, the kids are about to be in bed and I'm ready to cuddle with my honey on the couch for a bit.
Goodnight.
Ruthie :)
2 comments:
We had so much with all of you! We love you all so very much!
love,
mom
You are so dang creative! What a fun little list you came up with! It would've taken me hours to come up with something like that. I think the creative genes skipped me and went directly to you! :) Love you!
Post a Comment