"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Showers of Blessings

We had a very busy weekend! Thursday morning my Mom came and picked me and the kids up. We were hosting my sister's baby shower on Saturday (with the help of our dear aunts) and we had preparations to take care of Thursday and Friday. My sister and brother-in-law also arrived at my parent's house Thursday. Jamie joined us Friday night after he got off work. Saturday was the shower. Jeni and David got such great things and so many people came to bless them and their soon to be here baby girl. If you read my blog and were at the shower - thank you!





Jeni and Soph at the Shower


Jeni and my Mom



Look at that bump!




Yummy food!


Cinnomon roll lollipops... so easy! I just bought the refrigerated, already formed and ready to bake cinnomon rolls. I unrolled the dough a bit and removed some to make them about 1/2 their original size. Bake and glaze, let cool completely. Stick them on scewers. The shower was jungle babies themed, so I bought floral foam and glued green moss to it. This made a great place to stick the scewers into. Aren't they cute?





Yogurt Parfait served in a Trifle Bowl


Also, so good, so easy and so pretty. We eat this all the time at home as a yummy, but healthy, dessert (minus the trifle bowl). Simply buy vanilla yogurt, I like this kind, chocolate chips, granola, or make your own - find out how, here - and frozen, wild blueberries. Layer and enjoy!


Jamie, the kids and I were able to spend a couple nights and hang out some, with his parents too. We drove back home this morning, just in time to make it to church (and by "just in time," I do of course mean we were about 15 minutes late... what can I say? That's how we roll. :) ).


We had our Bible Study tonight with students, mostly international, from our local university. They all left around 10:30pm and I'm trying to catch up on computer "stuff" before I head to bed. Tomorrow evening/night, we'll be getting some company that will be staying through Thursday or Friday. Two of my dear friends and their six total children will be coming for a visit! I can't wait to hang out, fellowship, watch our kids play, etc... Their husbands can't join them, so poor Jamie will be the lone man. Our house is not exactly large, so we'll be nice and snug! :)


Have an amazing week. Ruthie :)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Well, you are a brave, brave woman but I know you'll have a great time with Sarah, Amy and kids!! :) Give them a hug for me!! oh, Amy requested the parfait while they there (on my facebook photo comment). And, yes, it IS hilarious our blog posts are the same! :) It was great to see you guys this weekend and I miss you already!! Love you!

Jenny said...

Glad you had a good time with your family! I'm sending you an email about your blog settings.