Sophia ran out of our room, where she was resting this afternoon, full of excitement, as she exclaimed that 6 plus 8 equals 14!!! I asked her how she knew that... "I counted." Oh, right. I guess I was so shocked because my sweet baby girl is no baby, she is a full-fledged preschooler with a hunger for knowledge and a thirst for learning - and I often forget this. What was the inspiration behind her newly discovered equation? Well, I think it had something to do with two handfuls of chocolate chips she'd received earlier, one containing 6 chips and the other containing 8. She never stops thinking, this one. Love her! So thankful for her.
______________________________________________
Another think I adore about my eldest child is her innate desire and ability to create. Anything and everything can become something if Sophia gets inspired. She was playing with her hair bows and clips last night. I was in the living room and I thought she was attaching a bunch of clips to two elastics that she'd been wearing on her wrists. She called out to have me come look at her creation. As is often the case in the evening, I was sitting on the couch - with no intention of moving - and so I asked her to come show me her creation. She informed me that she'd made "artwork" and she wasn't wearing it, she'd created it on the bathroom floor. So, I got up off my duff to check out what she'd made.
She described it first as all the homes Jesus lived in while on earth. She mentioned Nazareth. She then changed it up a bit and said it was the Garden of Eden. I know it doesn't appear to be anything fabulous, but to me, it is. She is a creator and I just love that about her. I pray that the Lord continues to develop her love of creating and that He guides her to use this special gift - of seeing anything and everything as something- to bless others and further His Kingdom.
__________________________________________________
Guess who is SIX MONTHS old today? Riley James, my sweet miracle boy. I continue to be totally in love with him. I look at him, I smell him, I hold him, I kiss him - I am amazed. God is so good. He was good when I miscarried baby after baby, and He was good when Riley entered this world, whole and healthy. I have to admit though, I enjoy the Riley kind of good over the loss kind of good. I can say this, because Jesus knows my heart, and I'm trying to always be honest with my feelings. I suppose the Christian thing to say would be that regardless of loss or gain, God is good and maybe the loss is even better... But, my heart would rather hold my babes than lose them, and so I'm extra thankful for my ability to hold Riley. Thank you Jesus.
Ruthie :)
1 comment:
How precious dear sister. We love our Sophia so much. She is so dear and you can see her tender heart. When we were at home for the shower--I forgot to mention this then--I got up all stiff and Soph stopped, looked at me with great concern, and asked if I was OK? It really touched my heart and I got teary-eyed. You and Jamie are doing a wonderful job raising her.
Post a Comment