We still love and miss you like crazy Grandpa!
This picture was just one year ago...
We're celebrating the birth of another special person today, and the funny thing is, I just realized this past weekend that his birthday is the same as Grandpa's. That fact makes this little boy's life even more special to me. Meet Kannan. Well, not in visual form. Kannan is a little boy we sponsor. He lives in India and is turning nine today!!! We originally chose him because he has an August birthday, same as Riley. I was so excited to realize it was even more significant than that when I noticed his birthday was the same as Grandpa's- the other Riley in our life!
If you feel led to totally change a child's life, click on the Compassion International button on my left side-bar. It has been a great experience for us! We've already received two letters from Kannan and they are such a joy to read and receive. He has claimed us as his loving family, and we have claimed him as another son. Say a prayer for Kannan today, will you? I'm sure he won't get to celebrate anything like we do with our other kids, but I pray his day is special and that he mostly feels how loved he is, by Jesus and by us.
1 comment:
So precious.
So wonderful.
Thanks Ruthie!
love,
mom
Post a Comment