"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, March 05, 2010

A little break

My Mom graciously took the kids yesterday through today to give Jamie and I a little break, an opportunity at some much needed rest (especially on Jamie's part), and a chance for the two of us to just be "us" for a bit before Baby makes 5!

We met my Mom at my midwife's office yesterday morning and she took Soph and Riley. Jamie and I got to enjoy some peace and quiet while we waited for our appointment. All is well with Baby and me and though we love including our kids in on most of these appointments, it was nice to just do this one the two of us. I will be full-term next week, so Baby is (almost) free to come anytime! :)

After our appointment we headed out to have a late lunch at Panera's (a treat for us, which we thoroughly savored!) then went to T@rget to do a little shopping for two little ladies in our life. One, would be the new baby of our dear friends. They live way far away, so a package of baby gifts was in order!!! The other little lady who needed some special items would be none other than my niece, Cora! She will be turning ONE at the end of this month and since I have no idea if Baby's arrival will permit or forbid us to participate in the birthday fun, Jamie and I thought it would be good to get her gift all in order. I love this kind of shopping!!! And, T@rget is always easier without two children... :)

We ended our outing with a stop at the local Christian Bookstore. We have been reading Bible stories to Sophia out of a variety of Children's Bibles since she was about two, every night before bed. We have worked our way through almost three of them, and it was time to get her a new Bible that was more for her age. She's not reading well enough yet to have just the actual Bible, but we found a great "in-between" one to work our way through with her until sometime next year when she's a more advanced reader. We also found a great little girl's devotional to do with her each day. We wanted something that would challenge her to start applying all these Bible stories she's been hearing for years! I just love new books, and books like this... that will feed my child's soul - the best kind!

We headed home and just relaxed for a bit before Jamie had to head to work for the evening. This morning was the best part - sleeping in and not having to jump out of bed to change a poopy diaper or feed small mouths!!! Glorious! :)

After we drug ourselves out of bed we started some cleaning around the house. I just need to finish sweeping/vacuuming all the floors and my chores for the day will be done. Funny how much easier it is to clean without two little ones dancing all about me. :)

We will be picking up our kids later today and enjoying supper with my Mom. I'm so thankful that she was able to do this for us, as it was a much needed little "kid break" for Jamie and me. I've mentioned many times in this post how nice it was to do "usual" things without the kids along. The thing is though, I just needed a little break, and now I'm biting at the bit, ready to see, hug, kiss and play with my kids! I'm ready to have them back where they belong and I'm re motivated to once again do all the "usual" things - with them along! It might be more challenging at times, but it is usually more special and rewarding. I have greatly enjoyed my little respite, but am ready for my babies to be back. :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh, I DO hope Baby Rose comes B4 Cora's b-day so we can meet her when we're in Akron. I'll be dying to meet her!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The kids were so much fun.
Rudy is still looking for them!:)
love,
mom