This past weekend we were insanely (in a good way) busy! I've been trying to put a post up about it, but by the end of Sunday Sophia was spiking a high fever and was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday. Riley had a fever Monday, but has been fine since. Jamie and I have both been sporting low-grade fevers since Monday and just don't feel all that great. So... it's taken awhile, but here's a recap of our weekend!
It all started Saturday morning with the graduation of our dear friend and housemate, Shirmy! She graduated with her Master's in Business Administration. We are so proud of her!

The proud graduate!

Okay, this makes my heart take pause as I picture my baby girl 13-ish years from now! Yikes!
Riley is still a part of our family... we just kept him back at the house (my parents were there) so he could get a nap.
***
After the graduation luncheon we loaded up and headed down to my sister's and BIL's new digs. Well, not really their digs... they are temporarily living with David's Mom and Step-Dad... I digress. We were there to celebrate David's 30th birthday! David grilled some delicious steaks on his new grill (he's a meat-lover if I've ever met one!), Jeni made her delicious cheesy potatoes and cut up a juicy watermelon. The meal ended with a scrumptious chocolate cheesecake. I SO wanted to lick the platter upon which it sat, but figured that might not be great party behavior...


The birthday boy.
Auntie Jeni lovin' on her niece.
Sweet Cora girl.
Riley boy!

Her eyes, her cheeks, her smile. This girl is TOO much!
Sophia LOVES to mother her cousin and siblings. :) This was one sweet moment of peek-a-boo where Cora was complying!
***
And... our weekend ended on Mother's Day when we threw a graduation party at our house for Shirmy and two of our other friends who'd also graduated. The Mother's Day aspect of the day was rather anti-climactic. I received some lovely cards and breakfast in bed... but then there was this incident that involved my eldest and a splinter, and the morning sort of spiraled out of control from there. She and I never did make it to church as self-control didn't seem anywhere to be found! But, by party time all was well and we ended the day with a lovely gathering (aside from Sophia spiking a fever and all...).
There were cookies.
And fruit.
A cake (with uncentered writing - which annoyed me to no end. I still have some practicing to do before I master the "writing with frosting" bit).
Of course we had graduates! Jodie, Shirmy and James.
Shirmy again.
Sophia, Feibi and Haddie.

James and Riley.
Most of the gang.
Sweet Haddie, exactly 6 weeks old! She just laid there and smiled for all her adoring fans!

Sleepy Riley with my Dad. I love it when he wakes up from his nap still a bit sleepy and just wants to cuddle! (both my parents and Jamie's parents were able to come, so it was great seeing them and being able to be with our Moms on Mother's Day!)
And, that's The End.
2 comments:
Sounds like a delightful weekend (aside from the splinter and lack of self-control). :)
I love that picture of Dad and Riley! It was a fun weekend.
love,
mom
Post a Comment