UPDATED: So, in the post below I call Haddie and Damion 2nd cousins. My sister pointed out that they are probably 3rd cousins. I don't really know... does anyone understand how that works? Please, point me to the truth! :)
And, while I have you here... let me tell you about my day yesterday. I had a bad dream so I woke up in a bit of a bad mood. Then, I walk out to the kitchen, where my dear husband had a bowl of grape nuts and blueberries waiting for me - all I had to do was add the milk. In some sort of stupor, I walk over to the sink and fill up my bowl of cereal with water. WHAT?! I really have no idea. I didn't even realize my mistake until I was walking away and grabbing for a spoon.
Then... see, Haddie had her two month well-check scheduled for June 1st. I've had in my head, since I scheduled this appt. that June 1st was a Monday. Then, to fully support my "June 1st is a Monday" case, I get this strange automated appointment confirmation call Sunday night (usually those come in the day before the appt). Yes, I know Memorial Day was Monday, but, don't you know, yesterday was also clearly June 1st! So, I load up the girls in the car and off we go. Never mind getting out of the house was a rather stressful event. So, you can imagine my ahem, surprise, when I arrive at the doctor's office to find the parking lot totally empty. See, in fact it was not June 1st yesterday, but was indeed Memorial Day - better known as a holiday - which means Doctor's offices aren't open! To make matters worse, Sophia was along for the trip because she needs to get two shots. I had her all prepared and she was actually not freaking out! We were both looking forward to the reward of ice cream that was to follow the shots... So, after I call Jamie to report my mistake - we decide ice cream is still in order. :) I wonder if I'd made the same mistake if I'd had my grape nuts...
So, off to the doctor we go today - again... Hopefully the shots will go over alright and don't you know, we'll be having ice cream again! :) I guess I better make sure I work out today since I'm supposed to be losing weight this summer... :)
***
ORIGINAL POST:
These two cutie pies are second cousins, exactly one month apart in age! My cousin just had his second son April 28. Damion and Hadassah got to meet each other yesterday at my family's Memorial Day picnic. I imagine they'll have lots of fun as they grow up together so close in age!
4 comments:
ACtually, I think they would be 3rd cousins. Damion is OUR 2nd cousin...I could be wrong though!
so cute!!!
love,
mom
They are precious. Love your story about Monday! let me try if I can to explain about cousins. You and Chris are 1st cousins, Haddie is his second cousin, Damion is your second cousin, so therefore Daminon and Haddie are third cousins! Is that correct everyone???
Love, Aunt Cathy
I think when there are children of cousins involved it goes to "once removed" or "twice removed"
If Damion is your 2nd cousin, his kids would be your second cousins once removed. I think. I'm not sure how it works for his kids and your kids though!
Post a Comment