Friday, May 14
Date Night With My Man!
Friday night Jamie and I had the opportunity to go out for a nice date. The past nine months Jamie has been participating in a Leadership Seminar program. Each month there is a new seminar in which a Born Again business man or woman comes and speaks. The participants are broken up into "tables" and each table has a coach for the duration of the nine months. The point is to bridge the gap between knowing what your Calling is and then living out that calling in the work force in a God-honoring way. Jamie was a first-time participant and a Table Coach all at once this year. Each year a group of Business students from our local university are given scholarships to attend this program. Jamie was honored to coach one of the Student Tables. This Seminar Program has revolutionized the way Jamie understands his occupational calling from the Lord and the way he lives it out. He has also gotten the opportunity to meet some really neat men and women from our area who are leading their businesses in awe-inspiring, God-honoring ways! Fun little tidbit, the Major of our city was one of the participants this year!
Anywho... Friday was the Graduation Banquet for this year's program. Jamie and I got all dressed up and drove for about a half-hour to a lovely banquet center, where dinner and a program awaited. I was able to meet the other Student Table coach, who happens to be an MBA professor at the university. Since school is out, only two students were able to attend Friday's Graduation, but it was lovely to meet them.
My parents came over to babysit, and I decided I would go ahead and leave Haddie so Jamie and I could really have some quality time. I produce so much milk I could work for a dairy farm, so there was plenty for little Haddie to eat while we were away. Unfortunately, she wasn't diggin' the whole bottle idea (this wasn't the first time she's bottle-fed, so we are puzzled...), so 45 minutes into our date - just as we're sitting down to start eating... my Mom calls and I hear Haddie screaming in the background. So, we figured we'd have to call it a night and head home. I literally scarfed my food down in preparation to leave. Then Jamie suggested my Dad bringing Haddie to us. He so graciously agreed and about 45 minutes later sweet Haddie was in my arms eating and ever so happy. :) I am so grateful to Mom and Dad for loading up all the kids - right at their bedtime, driving a 1/2 hour to us and then 1/2 hour back, just to bring Haddie to us so we could stay for the program. Thank you Mom and Dad!
Thankfully Hadassah is a great baby and was a lovely third wheel. :) It was so glorious to get all dressed up and go out with Jamie. It was really special to meet all the men and women he's been getting to know through this program and to hear them compliment my hubby on what an awesome job he did coaching the students. Every single person I met told me what a special guy Jamie is, and then would say, "But you already know that."
Yes, indeed. I do.

2 comments:
Jamie is a great guy!!!
We had fun and I told Sophie we were going on a field trip!:)
love,
mom
Do you mean the "mayor?" :) :) :) Glad you guys had a night out!
Post a Comment