So, today I did something I haven't done in a really long time... I worked out! When we lived on campus at our local university (Jamie was a Residence Director) we both had Rec Center passes and tried to stay in shape. Once we moved into our current home, almost three full years ago - this regular attempt to stay fit completely fell to the wayside. In the past three years I have had no membership to any workout facility (and I'm just never going to be the type that will stay in shape by running or biking or doing workout videos - I really do best leaving the house and working out or swimming at a gym) and have gone through two pregnancies. These two details have led to a lot of bad habits on my part (not enough cardio - too many carbs!) and thus have led to weight gain. Well, I am embarking on a season of life that I will hopefully look back on as a time where I embraced a more healthy style of living, i.e. working out consistently and making better food choices.
I am blessed to be able to have a summer membership to the Rec Center this summer. So... for the next three months I will be making new habits. I desire to work out 3-5 times a week and am aiming to cut out high-calorie treats for awhile, then once I've lost some weight only consume them in moderation! I will also be trying really hard to eat healthy snacks when I'm hungry between meals (which, between working out and nursing - I get hungry a lot!). My official goal is to lose 22 pounds over the course of the next three months - aiming for the pace of about 2 pounds lost each week... I can do this! At least, that's what I keep telling myself. :)
I am tired of not feeling good in my clothes, I'm tired of having little to no energy due to my lack of exercise, and I'm tired of overeating! None of this makes me feel good about myself and I feel like I'm leading a bad example for my kids. So, if you'd like to... feel free to pray that my motivation would remain, that I'd keep my eye on the goal rather than focus on the pain (I am out of shape! and... I really love carbs), and that I wouldn't obsess over this process, but that I'd simply plug ahead each day. Thank you!!!
And, since I'm avoiding real candy for awhile, here's a little eye-candy...

Hadassah, on Monday, wearing a sweet bonnet that Sue (Jamie's Mom) made.
4 comments:
Great! Remember...One day at a time.
Let's pray for each other!
love you
mom
I could've written this blog! Tried "take 2" of the Shred. I'll pray for you! I totally understand!!!!
Ruthie,
I know you can do this.
I am in the same boat, however, I dont have 2 pregnancies to blame. Mine is the lack of exercise, bad eating, and just being lazy! I got my wakeup call last week when I was told that I was going to be put on more pills for cholesterol! I insisted that the doctor give me 6 weeks to get it down naturally...and guess what? I have been eating bad all week! This has to stop!
I am praying for you, my friend!
As I said before, I know you can do it.
I really liked the book called, "Body Clutter." Another good one is "Naturally Thin." They are not about dieting, per se. You can eat the things you enjoy, but in moderation.
Take care, and keep us posted!
Post a Comment