"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Almond Butter Deliciousness

I've always wanted a food processor, so this year I spent some of my christmas money and purchased one for myself! On sale no less. It is the 7 cup Kitchen Aid, and I just love it! I really enjoy using it; it's the perfect size to fit my needs. I've made hummus, cookie doughs, chopped nuts, and most recently almond butter! Have you ever experience almond butter? It's very expensive at the store, but Jamie found a big 'ol bag of almonds on sale and we made our own!

1. Simply put the almonds in the food processor (you may want to give the almonds a rough chop first) with the regular blade and turn on.

2. Let it process until it looks like peanut butter. You may have to stop it every five minutes or so and mix it around, scrape the bottom and sides. It takes roughly 20 minutes or so; just keep tasting it until you think it's the right consistency.

3. Eat and Enjoy! It is so good - and good for you! No added ingredients. Favorite way to eat it?? On toast with honey - yummy!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had almond butter, but I love peanut butter and almonds, so I'm thinking my favorite way to eat it would be right off the spoon or over ice cream. Yum!
Danielle

Jeni said...

Hmmm...might be something I'll have to try at some point...when/if I get a food processor! :) We're discovering that David seems to be getting more and more sensitive to the smell of peanuts. Not good!!! I hope his allergy isn't worsening, but it does appear to be.