Well, Riley's fever is finally below 100! Praise Jesus. I've still given him tylenol, b/c I don't want it to come back! It's so nice to kiss his cheeks and to feel them cool, not HOT! Thank you for all your prayers. He's still quite congested, and last night, btwn. 12ish and 2ish he was quite fussy and wanted to nurse, but then couldn't breathe, on and on it went. Finally, he was able to nurse enough to fill his tummy and slept. Jamie has the day off - Praise the Lord!- and so we're taking turns sleeping today. I got the morning to sleep and now he's taking his much deserved nap.
Our Sunday School class recently finished studying the book of Esther. We had planned to do our version of the Purim Feast tonight and watch the Veggie Tales version of Esther. We all have kids and it was going to be such a fun time. But, we decided to postpone till next week due to Riley's illness.
Sophia is doing fine! She does have a touch of a cold, but it's not holding her down. :) Speaking of holding her down... that's exactly what I had to do to clip off the giant hang nail of her big toe last night. Why? Because the baby clippers were misplaced, and though we assured her the grown up clippers were exactly the same, just bigger, you would've thought we were suggesting sawing it off with a butcher knife. Well, amidst her screams and flails, I successfully held her still, immobilized the toe and clipped off the offender. Afterwards I said to Soph, "See, it wasn't so bad, was it?" Because it wasn't so bad, her first response was positive, but then, as if some little light bulb went off that she just admitted Mom and Dad were right, she quickly changed her mind and declared, "No! It was bad!" Little stinker! :)
Have a great day and keep praying Riley continues to recover and that Jamie and I have the strength to deal! Thank you!
Ruthie :)
5 comments:
Ruthie~
I'm so glad to hear that Riley is doing better. I kept checking your blog today for some GOOD news!
The nail clipping experience at my house is AWFUL. Every time that I have to trim Noelle's fingernails, I have wrestle her. I feel like I'm wrestling an alligator. She screams hyseterically until it's done. I dread it. Actually, Noelle has taken to biting her finger and TOE nails so that I won't have to cut them with the clippers!
Get some rest!
Amy
Ruthie,
So glad to hear that Riley is better! Poor little guy.
Ruthie,
It's Charlotte. I guess you wouldn't know who it was on my post about Riley. I have been keeping up with you all through your blog. Wish I could meet the little thing before he gets all grown up! Maybe i'll get to love on him at the shower.
We are so glad that Riley is getting better.
love,
mom
So glad Riley is doing better and that Jamie had the day off! Hope all of you get the sleep you need and that tomorrow will be a brighter day! You're in our prayers!
Post a Comment