"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

OCTOBER

In October we had the opportunity to meet up with four other very special families and meet their babies. Jamie and I chose to do a unique type of prenatal care this pregnancy. It is called Centering Pregnancy. You meet with your care provider, and a group of other women all due the same month as you, for all your check-ups. It was wonderful and Jamie and I loved it! I'll have to explain it in greater detail at another time. We were the September group, so in October, once all our babes were born, we got together for a brunch. It was so fun to meet all the babies. I'd actually already met a couple of them, one being the only other boy in the group. He was born the same day as Riley and his mom and I were in the hospital at the same time! Very cool!




SEPTEMBER

When Riley was just three weeks old, all four of us hopped a couple planes and went to Colorado! We'd just joined up with The Navigators, and so we had to attend some training and orientation. It was a really great trip and God was so present in all the small details. This shot was taken on one of our last afternoons where we got to take in some sites. Soph and Jamie took a little hike around Garden of the Gods while Riley and I hung out in the car (the little booger was hungry!). :)



AUGUST

So, it goes with out saying, this tops the list for greatest memories of 2008! The birth of our son, Riley James. Maybe even sweeter was seeing Sophia meet him for the first time. A dream come true for me, that she would have a sibling. Thank you Jesus!



JULY

One of my favorites of 08 - Kid's Day! Celebrating 5 years of marriage this month wasn't too shabby either. :)


JUNE

Attending the Baby Shower of one of my oldest and dearest friends, Rachel, is such a sweet memory. Eli and Riley have got to be the two cutest baby boys ever and we can't wait to watch them grow up and hopefully become friends!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... I made the list! Yeah! Riley and Sophia are soooo cute. Miss you so much. Hope we can get together soon and do another photo op with our boys!

Love you,

Rachel