"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Riley's sick

***UPDATE*** okay, can't believe i spelled riley's name wrong - oops! his fever is slowly coming down, still there, but at least it's consistently lowering each time I check! - and he's still eating great and sleeping good. Pray his lungs don't get anymore congested. His cough is starting to sound pretty gunky, which is of course a concern b/c babies can get to the point where they can't clear that out and that would mean medical intervention would be necessary. So, please pray that his lungs get more clear, not more congested! Also, Soph woke up with a pretty decent cold - so, let's just say I'm a bit tired, but thankfully Jamie has tomorrow off. Keep praying, and thank you!!!




Please pray for Riley. He's had a fever now for 24 hrs + and his ped. said he most likely has RSV. Click here for more info. on RSV. He's being put on prophylactic antibiotics so it doesn't turn into pnuemonia. As long as his fever breaks and his breathing doesn't become more labored he'll be good to recup at home - which will take a week at best! If he worsens we're looking at a trip to the hospital and lots of nasty tests, etc. Pray our little guy's fever breaks tonight and that his congestion improves, so as not to further impede his breathing. We have the stuff to do breathing treatments, so we may try that if we feel he needs it. At this point he's still eating pretty good (though more frequently due to all his diarrhea and vomiting) and is still smiling, etc... which are all good signs! Pray for Jamie and I to have strength and for Soph to be patient as the focus is placed more heavily on her brother for awhile. And most of all, pray for a quick recovery for our sweet boy! Thank you so much!

Ruthie :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hear is my comment-----I have decided that if you don't show me how to blog next time you come over I will just have to use yours to get my thoughts out. A threat you may say (He He He) maybe, maybe not --- we will just have to see. Call me your mystery commenter.

Anonymous said...

By the way I will be praying for Nicole's, whoops did I just give myself away?

Jeni said...

Ruthie, who's Rilet? That's right, you spelled your sons name wrong! :) :) :) Don't fret, you're under a lot of stress right now...I love you! :) We're praying. I've been up since 5:30 this morning (dentist appt before work) and I prayed then and have prayed since. Hugs to Rilet, I mean Riley, from Auntie Jeni!

Anonymous said...

We are praying!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

Glad he's improving. Poor Soph! Hope that doesn't last long...Praying for you, too, seester!