"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Tiny Dancer

Here's Soph, ready to leave for her first ballet class!

Striking a pose before class.

Enduring all the photos Mom kept taking.


What a cutie! :)


Waiting patiently for class to begin...




Stretching!


Listening closly to the teacher's instructions.


Learing the moves!


Working hard and looking adorable.



A little work at the bar...
So, tonight Sophia got to start ballet class. This little class is comprised of girls, 3-5 years old, and she has six other classmates. They will have a receital in June, which I can't wait to see!!! Sophia was so excited for class she couldn't even eat dinner. She also insisted on showering with me today so she would "be clean for ballet!" She concentrated so hard and listened very intently. I did see her telling her teacher about falling and cutting open her eye. :) If you've ever worked with this age group you know they like to tell their stories! The class ended with the girls free dancing around with these giant prop lollipops. So cute. She had such fun and I really loved watching her. She is growing up so quickly... The pictures aren't super crisp of her dancing because I was taking them in a dimly lit room through a two-way mirror, while holding a squirmy baby!
Ruthie :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute! Hannah was in a toddler gymnastics class last spring/summer, and she loved the tumbling. It was with Adonai in town. Now I think Julie takes her to MOPS and to a music class at the library. Hope Sophia enjoys her class and continues to embody a true "Dancing Queen!" Maybe that should be her theme song.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ruthie, these are so cute! I am so happy for Sophia, because she loves dancing!!!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

YEAH! Maybe she'll last longer than I did! :) I guess I only did it for a month. And I'm still "bitter" that Dad wouldn't let me have a tutu! :) :) She's so cute and looks like she had a mahvelous time! :) Hugs to Sophia from Auntie Jeni! :)