"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update on Harper


This sweet girl is Harper. Isn't she a doll? She weighed just 2 oz. (9lbs 12 oz) shy of Soph's birth weight, so she's a good sized girl and I can relate to the hard work it took Kelly, her Mommy, to deliver her! God has raised up literally thousands of prayer warriors on her behalf, largely due to the blogosphere! She is making improvements. The docs think something is wrong with her heart, but they are unable to check that out until they get her lungs healthy and get her stable. She is making strides in the right direction though. Because she needs to remain sedated, she can't be held or spoken to out loud. Can you even imagine?? I think tonight was the first time they could even touch her a little. I just can't imagine how heartbreaking that would be. Anyways... please keep praying for baby Harper. I can't wait to see how God works through her little life. Also, another family at their church also delivered a baby boy, Brayden, this week, and he's dealing with similar problems as Harper. Crazy, right? Pray for them too. Thanks!
Riley is doing so much better. He hasn't been fussy at night, like he has been, since I stopped the antibiotic, and his rash is pretty much cleared up. Soph is doing great too! We finally got our Christmas tree down - thanks to Mom and Dad for coming down to Ashland to help us out with that and some other things. Praying for a healthy, "normal" week!
Ruthie :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Harper!
I hope you are having a good day, too
love,
mom