My favorite quote of the night was when Sophia was telling me who handed her her medal (each participant received one, and let me tell you, the excitement!). She told me that someone named Noah passed it out to her. I asked her who Noah was. She told me, "The black boy."
Oh, okay. There were some African-American kids performing tonight. How observant of her. :) Then she goes...
"He was the one with the blue lady." ??? Wow, I missed that one! :) I was relieved to remember that she was not actually talking about a literal "blue lady," but was referring to two of the tap dancers who'd done a routine together, with the boy, apparantly Noah, wearing a black tux, and the girl wearing all blue. :) So, enjoy the video of Soph'a routine.

2 comments:
We're so glad we got to be there for this! It was adorable!!! --Jeni (I'm logged in as David and don't feel like logging out...)
Too cute! Thanks for posting the link on FaceBook! See you in a couple days!
Post a Comment