"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

We missed you Grandpa!

Sophia's recital was so wonderful. Only one thing could have made it better... and that would have been my Grandpa being able to attend. He and a friend were planning on coming down with my parents to partake in all the glorious ballerina watching... but, Grandpa's been sick for awhile, suffering from the effects of a recently diagnosed brain aneurysm. He just wasn't well enough to make the trip down to us. We missed you Grandpa! We love you so much!

The day before the recital we went to visit Grandpa, and Soph even wore her recital costume so Grandpa could see her in it. I took the opportunity to get some pictures of course!



Sophia got up on the bed all on her own and got really close to my Grandpa. She then softly whispered, "I love you," in his ear. It was so precious.




I love this shot of them holding hands. My Grandpa is a great man, and his open affection towards all of his children is so special to me.




Riley checking out Riley. :) I am so thankful for such a great man to name my firstborn son after.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ruthie! I Love the pictures.
love
mom

Unknown said...

You write so elegantly, you and Jeni both! The pictures are so beautiful and you really don't need words, the pictures do the talking!
Love, Aunt Cathy