Riley tossed and turned and moaned all through the night, Thursday night. Friday morning he woke with a temp of 101.8. All day he's hardley eaten a thing, has been very restless and fussy, and continues to have a fever- despite being on Tylenol round the clock, having a few "cool me down" baths and even starting antibiotics after a call to our ped back home. If his fever doesn't break by tomorrow we'll have to consider getting him in to a ped here. I have pretty much missed everything today- conference- wise, which has been discouraging. Please pray for our sweet boy!
On other news... We discovered just how tough sophia is today! Our campus director's wife, her 11yr old, 15 yr old, our sitter, and then FOUR YEAR OLD Soph, went on a crazy hard hike today. They hiked one mile, pretty much straight up a mountain - which took them 1 1/2 hours, took a bit of a break to enjoy their destination, punch bowls( huge "bowls" of mountain water collected in these huge bowl-shaped rocks), then hiked the mile back down, taking another full hour! This hike was rated "difficult" and included crossing a bunch of creeks, crawling up parts/scooching down parts it was so steep. Sophia plugged away the entire way NEVER complaining ONCE! We were all so impressed! A few hours later as we were walking back to our car from dinner, all of 200 yards or so on totally level pavement, our tough hiker just couldn't make it and had to be carried. :)
Both of my babies (actually all three) are sleeping soundly.
Goodnight!
5 comments:
I saw the photos Abby had taken of the hike! Way to go Soph!!! How's Riley doing? We'll be praying!!!! Let us know how he is!!! Love you guys!
That so fun that Sophia hiked up to the punch bowls!!! I'll pray for your little guy to get better; sorry to hear he's having a fever and doesn't feel good. And yes, when you all return from your trip we'll have to plan a play date for the kids. :)
Wow! Dad and I are impressed! She sounds so much like her mommy and Aunt Jeni! You guys did things like that in Africa!
love,
mom
I am so glad our Riley is better, too. Dad and I prayed a lot last night.
love,
mom
Glad Riley is better. Tell Soph to keep an eye on those lawbreaking Deer. Oh when you get a chance check out my blog's new look. Yes I'm proud of it.
love ya
Post a Comment