"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, June 12, 2009

What will she say when she's 15?

So, on Tuesday, the kids and I stopped by the eye dr. to pick up my new lenses and my new prescription sunglasses. While waiting, Soph and I were playing with these magnetic "paper dolls" of sorts. The dolls are wooden and the clothes are magnetic and you can change the outfits all around, etc... Well, Soph was putting a pair of blue jeans on her doll and looks at me with grand excitement and proclaims:

"Jeans really do go with everything Mom, just like you said!"

I have actually said this to her, in my attempt to persuade her that for things to match each item does not have to be the same color. :)

***

Sophia likes to pick out an item from the dollar section at T@rget, with her own dollar, mind you, when we visit this store. Today she picked out a package of three little squirt guns. We had a grand water fight before dinner and then after dinner we had to take Jamie back to work. On the way home, while still in the car, Sophia asked me if she could play with her squirt guns some more when we got home. Here's what followed:

Me: Yes, but I will only fill them once, then when they are empty it will be time to be done.
Sophia: So, I can fill them twice?
Me: No, Sophia. I said once.
Sophia: So, I can fill them as many times as I want?
Me: Sophia, you heard what Mommy said...
I guess you can't blame a girl for trying. :)


***

Tonight is Sophia's dress rehearsal for her ballet receital! Her receital is tomorrow and I'm sure it will be one of the cutest and funniest things I've ever seen! I'll be sure to post some pictures.

No comments: