"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, June 15, 2009

To my daughter





Dear Sophia Ruth,

Two nights ago you performed your first ballet routine in front of a few hundred people. You came out on that stage in all you tutu-ed glory and danced beautifully! Your passion for life and your love of drama and action are things that Mommy relates to and are all qualities I so admire in you, my sweet girl.

You have been a part of this ballet class since the beginning of the year (January 2009), and I've seen you learn and grow, become able to work as a team, and simply blossom. It is bittersweet, because all of this means you are growing up.

You were my first miracle Sophia. God has blessed Daddy and me with six children so far, and you were our first! I didn't know it at the time, but as I get older the miracle of your life becomes more and more evident.

You have ALWAYS loved to dance! To see you the other night, dancing up on a stage, looking so beautiful, in all your 4 1/2-ness... I am so proud of you Baby. I'm starting to see dreams of yours come true, and it is glorious to observe.

Thank you for being you! God made you so special and I love each part of you. Even if it's not on a stage, decked out in frill, never stop dancing Baby, never stop dancing.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Thankfully, those dreams coming true include pretending to be a sloth! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
love,
mom