"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Making dreams come true, one day at a time

Sophia, Riley and I were out in our backyard playing this afternoon. My Dad has been building this awesome play structure back there, and it is the best place to go and play for a few minutes or hours. There are also a couple low-branched, good to climb if you're a preschooler, type trees in our back yard. Sophia was playing in the one magnolia tree and started calling out. I look over to see her hanging upside-down, from a low brang, with both her legs and her arms wrapped around the branch. I asked her if she needed help getting down. This is what she responded.

"No! I'm a sloth."

"Look, Mom, I've always wanted to pretend to be a sloth."

"My dreams came true!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Dad and he said, "What 4 year old knows about sloths?" Your Dad and I really got a good laugh from this one!:)
Give Sophia and Riley a BIG hug and kiss from grammy and grampy!
love,
mom

Heather said...

What a great story!!!

It was great to see you all the other day!!! Your family is precious :) I hope all goes well for you on your trip to CO. Blessings!

Jeni said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!